Wednesday, July 12, 2006

will I end up like Bridget Jones - before Mr. Darcy?

I have to admit that watching "Bridget Jones's Diary" sometimes leaves me feeling a wee bit sad.
I once thought that I had found my "Mr. Darcy" and now look at me - 34, divorced, back on the market with no education and a teenager at my side. This was so not how I pictured out my life would be when I got married many, many years ago. I thought this one was a keeper, that we'd grow old together...

And looking at the "market" doesn't really install much confidence. Well, that's unless you got no standards whatsoever and don't mind a guy who hits you or the kids, is a ladies man, drinks & smokes, cheats & lies, is unemployed - or worst: all those combined in one person! Yikes!

I know, not all men are like that but hey, those that are not are either already in a steady relationship or gay! Boohoooo... At least most of those awesome guys are! Or they are way out of my league or live in a different country..., now what's a girl to do?

Right now I am focusing on finding me again, finding out what I wanted and still want - before I got so lost in married life and being the wife/homemaker/mom was all I could think about.

But will Mr. Right find me while I am busy finding myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home